Contact me! I'd love to hear from you!
dallenbryce@gmail.com
Favorite Links
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Southern Wisconsin Center
So this week i'm doing a volunteer rotation at a place called Southern Wisconsin Center. It is a dental clinic set up to provide care for Mentally Handicap patients. Yesterday was my first day and I had a lot of mixed emotions through out the day. We saw a couple patients that had numerous developmental disabilities that made it difficult to dentistry on them. The supervising Doctor has been there for 33 years and in his own special way provides a service to them that most Dentist in this day and age wouldn't spend their time on. For this I applaud his efforts and am motivated by his service to these patients. On the flip side, because of the patients disabilities there is no way to communicate effectively to the patient what we are doing. It was very difficult for me when I had to extract a patients tooth with out having been able to explain to him what I was doing, and why and to get his approval. But then on the other hand I knew that I was doing something for this patient that would help remove decay from his mouth. Overall, I was very troubled because of the way these people have to live. I know that our Heavenly Father loves these special spirits and has a place for them after this life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment