Contact me! I'd love to hear from you!

dallenbryce@gmail.com

Monday, January 31, 2011

Community experiences

Today I had the opportunity to go to a high school just north of the dental school and do a cleaning on a young patient. It was to be honest an eye opening experience. As I was telling a classmate, they don't have high schools with security guards roaming the hallways and where you have to be buzzed in back in Idaho where I came from. It was a little hectic today as our cleanings were interrupted half-way through by a fire drill. We weren't expecting it and had a little tough time getting our patients and ourselves out the door fast enough that we caused the school to fail the evacuation drill.  I'm not sure if it was the principle, but a lady came and yelled at our instructor about it. Dr. B is very nice, and I felt bad for him. All in all it was a very neat experience, and again another great opportunity given us by the Dental school to see dentistry in the real world setting. 

1 comment:

  1. Everyone always complains that Idaho and Utah are sheltered, but I think we are lucky.

    ReplyDelete