Contact me! I'd love to hear from you!

dallenbryce@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Finally a post!

So, I have now been in school for just over a semester. I made it through the first semester fairly well, Biochemistry being my huge hurdle. This semester has started off well. I am liking my classes a lot more and they seem to be a lot more Dentistry focused. A couple of my favorite classes are Human Anatomy and Preservation/Restoration.

I am attaching a couple pictures of things I've been doing.
First is a picture of my buddy Steve, the skull! He helps me learn about the anatomy of a human skull!


Next is a picture of a M&M that I cut in two with my handpiece and then hollowed out. It was harder than it looks. The chocolate inside was suppose to resemble the consistency of decayed tooth structure! It was interesting.



Today also marked another first for me. I had my first session in Gross Anatomy. Most all (ok all) usually think it's named Gross because it is gross, but it was actually very interesting and educational. After overcoming my initial misgivings, I actually got right into it and found 2 1/2 hours flew by very quickly.

I will be trying to update this a little more regularly with some interesting things that i'm working on.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you hollowed out an M&M! "Your head has a shell on it" Miss you man! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The M&M is cool, but I like that you named "Steve", does your cadaver have a name? ;0) Love you!

    ReplyDelete